WHO WE ARE
We are BUX, a FinTech company aiming to become the single destination for everyone that wants to do more with their money. We make investing accessible, simple, and affordable through a mobile-first solution.
We are located in both London’s East End and Amsterdam. We are backed by Holtzbrinck Ventures, Velocity Capital, Orange Growth Capital and Initial Capital. Currently comprised of BUX Markets, BUX X, and the newly launched BUX Zero, we are a fast-growing company looking for a Human Resource specialist and Office Manager in our London office, BUX Financial Services Limited (BFS).
The London office is located in the heart of Shoreditch, London close to tech city. It’s a small office with 25 FTE that runs the TradeHub CFD and Spread Betting software that powers the BUX X app, as well as providing investment solutions for other B2C and B2B clients.
Our London office focuses on providing execution services, financial transactions, and account administration for all our clients, and providing wider company support.
The role of HR Specialist and Office Manager is a combined role to pick up all HR related activities and support the team in the London office with office management related duties. The HR activities involve recruitment and selection, employee onboarding, manage contracts, and work together with the IT department to arrange all tools and systems for the employees. The office management duties are related to making sure that all employees are supported by ordering office equipment and be the single point of contact (SPOC) for managing the serviced office space and it’s associated invoices, arrangements and requirements.
The position of HR Specialist would involve the following responsibilities:
- Manage the HR system (HiBob) and recruitment system (TeamTailor) together with the team in Amsterdam
- Administrate and prepare the talent review process for all employees and team leads
- Benefit management (liaise with brokers regarding renewal of benefits insurances and managing ad-hoc benefits)
- Assistance in redundancy, disciplinary and grievance claims
- Co-ordinating hiring on boarding, induction and integration process for new employees
- Assisting with the maintenance of all HR policies and procedures such as the Employee Handbook
- Providing generalist HR support for first line queries from all staff and escalate as appropriate
- Calculation holiday pay accruals
- Dealing with work permit VISAs and VISA sponsorship for employers
- Dealing with HMRC queries
- Organizing and managing employee benefits
- Be in the lead for recruitment and selection by job posting/advertising, etc.
The Office Support duties are as follows:
- Record office expenditure and managing the budget
- Be the primary contact for the serviced office, incl. dealing with building manager, office layout, maintaining supplies of stationery and equipment
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
- Design and implement office policies by establishing standards and procedures
- Provide administrative support for the directors as needed
- Organise company events
- Dealing with insurance brokers (Employers’ Liabilities, Management Liability Insurance)
We are seeking a highly motivated, well organized and adaptable person, who shares our values and our commitment to quality. The ideal person will have previous experience of HR and Office Management. He/she will also be a self-starter and will possess a natural ability to work under pressure.
- CIPD Level 3 qualified (or equivalent) or minimum 2 years previous experience in a HR position
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written English skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and flexible attitude
- Excellent MS office skills
- Ability to react to changing situations positively
- Ability to solve problems
- Experience in HR field & good knowledge of HR practices
WHAT IS THE CHERRY ON TOP?
- Conference and training budget to boost your personal development
- Trendy Shoreditch office in the heart of London
- Competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Private medical care
- International work environment
- Annual company weekend away
- A fantastic opportunity to work in an expanding and exciting FinTech company