WHO ARE WE
BUX makes it easy and affordable for Europeans to do more with their money. Since launching in 2014, BUX has made the markets accessible for more than 3 million users across 9 countries in Europe. BUX currently offers 3 apps that allow users to explore the financial markets including BUX Zero, the flagship platform that is making commission-free investing possible, allowing users to invest in the brands and companies they care about. BUX Zero is currently available in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, France and Belgium. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company is backed by Holtzbrinck Ventures, Velocity Capital, Orange Growth Capital and Initial Capital.
With the highly successful launch of our zero-commission investing app, BUX is now the #1 neo-broker in Europe. You’ll be joining the fast-paced Growth Team (PR, Performance Marketing and Brand & Communications), who are tasked with driving growth and brand awareness across Europe. These regions for BUX Zero currently include the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, France and Belgium (with more to come soon). You’ll work directly with the PR Lead, Founder & CEO as well as local agency PR partners to drive further brand awareness and increased positive sentiment for BUX as an overall brand, as well as for BUX Zero in the Netherlands.
The ideal candidate has a personal interest and affinity for the world of investing. This role requires that you have a way with words, both written and verbal and you have a knack for sniffing out a good story.
We’re looking for a passionate team player, with very strong creative, strategic thinking and organizational abilities. You have demonstrated experience building strong relationships with the media and are able to think fast on your feet. You’re a strong relationship builder and are an expert at managing competing needs for both internal and external stakeholders. You’re confident in proactively seeking out opportunities that keep BUX top-of-mind with Dutch media and consumers.
- Working collaboratively with the PR Lead and CEO on PR communication functions to meet objectives, including pitching media, bloggers, influencers, online publications, comparison sites, newspapers, television, radio, etc.
- Stay agile and on top of the latest industry news (investing, etc.) and newsjack when appropriate
- Working cross functionally with our Brand & Communications team on writing and posting social media content
- Research local events for key thought leadership placements
- Supporting creative development and executing local PR campaigns in the Netherlands primarily, but that can also be adapted to our other regions
- Reporting on campaign success
- Writing press releases, emails and other communications
- Dutch media list development
- Assist in putting out PR fires before they start
- Providing timely feedback to management on progress against goals
- Organizing events (digital and IRL when that time comes again)
- Between 3-5 years experience in public relations, journalism, communications or other related disciplines
- Post-graduate diploma in Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Journalism or other related disciplines
- Excellent communication skills, dynamic, team player, excellent time management and organizational skills and detail-oriented
- A collaborative work style with demonstrated successful interactions with both internal and external parties
- Hands-on, get it done attitude. Willing to roll-up sleeves and dig in when the situation arises
- Agency experience preferred but not required
- Near native Dutch speaker, fluent in English
- Strong personal interest in the world of investing, neobrokerage and fintech is desired
WHAT IS THE CHERRY ON TOP?
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development;
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months;
- Cool office in the heart of Amsterdam (10 minutes from Central Station);
- Bi-weekly Hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events;
- Flo's famous lunches;
- Competitive salary
- Employee Option Plan;
- Company pension Plan