WHO WE ARE
BUX makes it easy and affordable for Europeans to do more with their money. Since launching in 2014, BUX has made the markets accessible for more than 3 million users across 9 countries in Europe. BUX currently offers 3 apps that allow users to explore the financial markets including BUX Zero, the flagship platform that is making commission-free trading possible, allowing users to invest in the brands and companies they care about. BUX Zero is currently available in the Netherlands, Germany, France, Belgium and Austria. BUX X, launched in 2014, oﬀers short-term, leveraged trading, all powered by a vibrant in-app community. BUX Crypto, launched in 2020, now offers an easy and affordable way to invest in Bitcoin and other digital currencies.
We're looking for a Product Designer to work on both the iOS and Android apps for BUX X. Everything we do at BUX is driven by simplicity, and that is reflected in the intuitive design of the app. Our ideal candidate will be able to show a similar style in their previous work and will be able to layout innovative solutions while simultaneously collaborating with multiple teams to take the design of BUX X to the next level. You will report to the Head of Design and will work directly with product owners, business intelligence, customer support, and the engineering teams to coordinate development activities.
- Leading design projects from concept to execution;
- Establishing a clear vision for the BUX X user experience and encouraging a creative and collaborative environment for the team;
- Work collaboratively with the engineering, product, and business teams to find both aesthetic and practical solutions to design challenges
- Leverage user feedback in developing strategic solutions to our product strategy that result in simple-to-use features. Produce concepts and prototypes in a fast-paced environment while knowing when to drill down on detail or pull back for more high-level ideation.
- 3-5 years of experience as a product designer building excellent consumer-facing mobile products
- An exceptional portfolio demonstrating attention to detail, clear typography and passion for native mobile app design.
- Strong product sensibility and proven ability to validate their design ideas through qualitative and quantitative data
- Demonstrated experience developing wireframes and prototypes
- Expert-level skills in Sketch/Figma and Adobe creative suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects).
- Hands-on experience with UX Research techniques is a plus.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
WHAT IS THE CHERRY ON TOP?
- Latest and greatest tech equipment — choose what you like;
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development;
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months;
- Office in the heart of Amsterdam (10-minute walk from Centraal Station);
- Bi-weekly Hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events;
- Margy’s famous lunches;
- Competitive salary and Employee Option Plan;
- BUX pension scheme.
Want to be a part of a dedicated, ambitious team that’s blazing a trail in design every day and building the future of how Europeans will invest? If the answer is ‘yes’ then we want to hear from you.
Please note that applications without a portfolio will not be considered.