Make investing accessible to the millions, apply the latest technologies, and work flexibly alongside a bright team of peers!
Who we are
BUX is Europe's fastest-growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X, and BUX Crypto, are made for long-term investing, short-term trading, and buying and selling crypto. We are growing fast and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London, and Cyprus.
About the team
Engineering is at the heart of BUX, and we are proud of our engineering culture. "This is one of the smartest teams I have the chance to work in" is a quote we've heard more than once from our newcomers. As a part of this team, you will get your hands on reactive actor-based systems, which you will help to optimize further. You will also help us move towards continuous deployment and zero downtime. But most importantly, you will get the chance to build exciting new features for our millions of users. We welcome your ideas and encourage everyone in the company to make investing accessible for everyone. In fact, many of the features in our app stem from developer ideas!
Why will you enjoy working at BUX as a Senior Java Software Engineer?
- Our code is modern and built with a quality mindset - you'll spend minimal time on firefighting or struggling with legacy.
- You surround yourself with a team of intelligent peers with whom you will get to build exciting new features.
- You are part of a company where your ideas are valued and where continuous learning is encouraged.
- Flexibility is assured; our development teams decide how often they come to our (fabulous) office.
- You get to design, build and run a system designed for scalability and 24/7 availability. We went from 1000 to millions of users with barely any hiccups. (Learn how we did it)
Java, Spring, Springboot, GCP, Kubernetes, Kafka, RabbitMQ, CQRS, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Ansible, GitHub.
Requirements as a Senior Java Software Engineer
We are looking for you if you are passionate about what you do, eager to learn and enjoy trying out different things in collaboration with your peers. Furthermore:
- Proficiency in Java, with strong object-oriented design skills
- You know how to design systems for performance, scalability, and security and how to assess the pro's and cons of different solutions
- a DevOps mindset - you build it, you run it
- An understanding of the Spring framework
- Quality over quantity
- Experience with cloud orchestration, event streaming, and reactive, actor-based systems
What do we offer you as a Senior Java Software Engineer?
- A budget to boost your professional development that you are free to spend, such as flying to that conference you always wanted to attend!
- A fantastic new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Plantage
- The possibility to work from abroad for one month per year
- Weekly drinks, fun company events, and Flo's famous lunches
- A competitive salary
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Employee option plan
- Pension plan
- Laptop of your choosing
- Travel allowance
- A1 Dutch language course for you and your partner
- Working from home allowance
Would you like to learn more first before you apply? Wouter Lipsius, Senior Tech Recruiter, will be happy to tell you all about this role and BUX. Drop him a note at email@example.com.