WHO WE ARE
BUX makes it easy and affordable for Europeans to do more with their money. Since launching in 2014, BUX has made the markets accessible for more than 3 million users across 9 countries in Europe. BUX currently offers 3 apps that allow users to explore the financial markets including BUX Zero, the flagship platform that is making commission-free investing possible, allowing users to invest in the brands and companies they care about. BUX Zero is currently available in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, France and Belgium. BUX X, launched in 2014, oﬀers short-term, leveraged trading, all powered by a vibrant in-app community. BUX Crypto, launched in 2020, now offers an easy and affordable way to invest in Bitcoin and other digital currencies. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company is backed by Holtzbrinck Ventures, Velocity Capital, Orange Growth Capital and Initial Capital.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Engineering is at the heart of our business and we have a really experienced tech team with several decades of accumulated development experience. This is one of the smartest teams you'll have the chance to work in. It will help you push yourself to the next level.
WHY WILL YOU ENJOY WORKING AT BUX?
- You'll design, build, and maintain a system that is meant to scale. We went from 1000 to more than 2 million users with barely any hiccups. (Learn how we're doing it.)
- You'll work with an actor-based framework (similar to Akka), that is central to everything we do, and the heart of the scalability of our system.
- We have a trading app that is accessible 24/7. We have very small maintenance window, so from a DevOps perspective you'll have the opportunity to think, plan, and execute the best ways to deploy our services.
- Lastly, the business domain is interesting. You will learn how the financial system works on the inside.
- Proactive, self-starting, can-do mentality.
- Proficiency in Java, with strong object-oriented design skills;
- Working knowledge of the Spring framework;
- An Agile mindset and working knowledge of the Scrum framework;
- Experience with DevOps tools and procedures.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with building scalable (clustered) systems;
- Experience with Kubernetes, Kafka, RabbitMQ, CQRS, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Puppet
- Knowledge of reactive, actor-based systems.
WHAT IS THE CHERRY ON TOP?
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development;
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months;
- Cool office in the heart of Amsterdam (10 minutes from Central Station);
- Bi-weekly Hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events;
- Margy’s famous lunches;
- Competitive salary and Employee Option Plan.