We usually respond within three days
BUX is looking for an Internal Auditor to join our BUX based team in Amsterdam.
The Internal Auditor is an independent assurance and consulting role that reports to the non-executive board of BUX and to the CEO on a day to day basis.
BUX works with three lines of defence and is searching for an Internal Auditor in the third line for BUX to support the business with operational and IT audits covering the whole of the BUX activities. In this role, you will contribute in a consulting capacity to various activities and projects aimed at improving the maturity of risk management by the business.
This role can be filled on either a full or part time basis and would suit a self-starter who is looking for freedom in their role. It is a great opportunity for an Internal Auditor to gain experience across the full range of internal audit activities.
What will you do
The position of Internal Auditor would involve the following:
- Perform operational (and IT) audits on a wide range of topics, resulting in actionable reports for the organization;
- Execute on the annual Audit Plan, periodically report on audit activities to the Risk Committee, Executive Boards and non-executive Board;
- Pro-actively and independently be aware of developments in the organization and the contribution that Internal Audit can have;
- Ensure an appropriate Risk culture at BUX by supporting the business to continuously enhance awareness and understanding of the identified risks and control status;
- Make recommendations for improving risk management, the control environment and compliance with laws & regulations, internal policies and contractual agreements with partners and third parties;
- Taking initiative and support the implementation of measures to manage Operational and IT Risk;
What you need to succeed:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You are comfortable carrying out audits independently and managing all other department activities. This may be your first role independent running and internal audit.
You can build strong internal relationships, working well with other departments such as Risk and Compliance functions and business functions to drive improvement of their processes and control environment. You have specialist domain knowledge and continually develop and improve in your expertise. You are change-orientated, understand the balance between risk and opportunity and like working in a sector that is constantly evolving.
Finally, you have strong analytical skills enabling you to get to the heart of a problem quickly and draw the appropriate conclusions. You are able to put things into perspective.
We are looking for a new colleague who has:
- Experience of working within a regulated environment
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree complemented with, RO/CIA, RE/CISA or similar certification;
- You have at least 3 years experience with supporting or managing audits and all associated department aspects (planning, executing, progress reporting, collaboration with business, risk & compliance, keeping abreast of developments in the organisation and externally etc.);
- Knowledge of auditing IT (Security) is an advantage;
- You have risk management knowledge and know how to implement risk management and awareness;
- You are fluent in English;
- You have strong advisory skills at both the operational level and at the level of senior management and board;
- You have an understanding of financial institutions and associated product sets such as corporate finance, global markets and investment products;
What we offer
- International and fun work environment
- Employee stock options plan
- Company pension plan
- Flexibility is at our core, we offer a hybrid work environment
- Working from home & travel allowances
- A1 Dutch language course for you (and your partner)
- Feast on Flo and Shannon’s famous lunches at the office
- When applicable, BUX supports your relocation to Amsterdam
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- Work in a beautiful and inspiring office located in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Plantage
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with unlimited appointments with psychologists or coaches through OpenUp
- Regular team gatherings and fun company events
Everyone is welcome
At BUX, we are committed to building a team with various backgrounds, skills and views. We celebrate our differences and foster an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome.
In other words: we don't hire based on a one-size-fits-all formula. We review every application carefully and look forward to getting to know you better. No matter who you are or what your background is.
- Internal Audit
- Internal Auditor
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Loading application form