Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our platforms, BUX Zero and Stryk, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (50 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London, Limassol and Belgrade.
Engineering at BUX
Engineering is at the heart of BUX, and we are proud of our engineering culture. You will get the chance to build exciting new features from core trading functionalities to user experience and engagement improvements. We welcome your ideas and encourage everyone in the company to make investing accessible for everyone. Many of the features in our app stem from developer ideas!
Why will you enjoy working as an Engineer at BUX?
- You surround yourself with a team of intelligent peers with whom you will get to build exciting new features
- You are part of a company where your ideas are valued
- Continuous learning and sharing expertise drive us. Our developer-led workshops and sessions are open to everyone who wants to improve their skills
- Flexibility is assured; our development teams decide how often they come to our (fabulous) office
- Our code is modern and built with a quality mindset - you'll spend minimal time on firefighting or struggling with legacy
- Our infrastructure is made of Terraform and Github Actions so that we spend minimum time deploying new features
This role is part of our Onboarding and Internal Tools team. As part of the team, you will be building the back office for customer support, operations, and compliance, as well as the onboarding backend for our Stryk and BUX Zero applications.
Your impact will be making the onboarding journey for BUX users as smooth and efficient as possible, as well as efficiently providing our internal teams with the necessary information by developing the back-office applications.
You will also help us move towards continuous deployment and zero downtime.
- Collaborate with team members to define, design, develop and deploy
- Write clean, maintainable code and test it
- Participate in code reviews and technical discussions
- Proficiency in Java (we use Java 11 and 17)
- Proficiency in object-oriented design
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience implementing REST services
- Experience with the Spring framework
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum development methodology
- Passionate about FinTech
- Eager to learn
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with integration tests (we have BDD cucumber tests)
- Experience with GCP
- Experience with cloud orchestration, event streaming
- A DevOps mindset
Our tech stack
Java 11 and 17, Kotlin, Spring Boot, GCP, Kubernetes, CQRS and Event Sourcing with Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Terraform, GitHub and GitHub Actions
- International, fun, and flexible work environment
- Employee stock options plan
- Company pension plan
- All the hardware you need for your job
- Working from home & travel allowances
- Every team member at BUX can have unlimited appointments per year with a psychologist or coach via OpenUp
- When applicable, BUX supports your relocation to Amsterdam
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Plantage
- A1 Dutch language course for you and your partner
- Flo and Shannon’s famous lunches
- Weekly drinks, fun company events
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas
Everyone is welcome
At BUX, we are committed to building a team with various backgrounds, skills and views. We celebrate our differences and foster an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome.
In other words: we don't hire based on a one-size-fits-all formula. We review every application carefully and look forward to getting to know you better. No matter who you are or what your background is.