Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our platforms, BUX Zero and Stryk, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (50 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London, Limassol and Belgrade.
Engineering is at the heart of BUX, and we are proud of our engineering culture. As a part of this team, you will get your hands on reactive systems, which you will help to optimize further. You will also help us move towards continuous deployment and zero downtime.
But most importantly, you will get the chance to build exciting new features from core trading functionalities to user experience and engagement improvements. We welcome your ideas and encourage everyone in the company to make investing accessible for everyone. Many of the features in our app stem from developer ideas!
- Collaborate with other teams or team members to define, design, and deploy new features
- Write clean, maintainable code and test it
- Participate in code reviews and technical discussions
Our tech stack
Java, Kotlin, Spring, Spring Boot, GCP, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, CQRS and Event Sourcing with Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Terraform, GitHub and GitHub Actions
We are looking for you if you are passionate about what you do, eager to learn, and enjoy trying out different things in collaboration with your peers. Furthermore:
- Proficiency in Java
- Proficiency in object-oriented design
- Experience designing systems for performance, scalability, and security
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Experience with cloud orchestration, event streaming, and reactive, actor-based systems
- Experience implementing REST services supporting client-facing applications
- Familiarity with the Spring framework
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum development methodology
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience with GCP
- A DevOps mindset - we encourage our engineers to understand and be involved in every stage of the systems development life cycle: from writing the code to maintaining the cloud infrastructure where it runs
Why will you enjoy working as a Senior Java Software Engineer at BUX?
- Our code is modern and built with a quality mindset - you'll spend minimal time on firefighting or struggling with legacy
- You surround yourself with a team of intelligent peers with whom you will get to build exciting new features
- You are part of a company where your ideas are valued and where continuous learning is encouraged
- Flexibility is assured; our development teams decide how often they come to our (fabulous) office
- International, fun, and flexible work environment
- Private health insurance
- All the hardware you need for your job
- Travel allowance
- Every team member at BUX can have unlimited appointments per year with a psychologist or coach via OpenUp
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in the heart of Belgrade’s business district
- Opportunities to travel to BUX’s Amsterdam HQ
- Weekly drinks, fun company events
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas
Everyone is welcome
At BUX, we are committed to building a team with various backgrounds, skills and views. We celebrate our differences and foster an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome.
In other words: we don't hire based on a one-size-fits-all formula. We review every application carefully and look forward to getting to know you better. No matter who you are or what your background is.