Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our platforms, BUX Zero and Stryk, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (50 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London, Limassol and Belgrade.
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer to help us build and improve our flagship product - BUX Zero.
In this role, you will have the freedom to design new features, contribute to our overall architecture and choose tooling that can help increase productivity, code readability, and maintainability.
Engineering is at the heart of our business! We have a really experienced tech team with several decades of accumulated development experience that will help you push yourself to the next level.
Our app teams work on different projects, varying in complexity and application areas - from core trading functionalities to user experience & engagement. The scope of our projects spans multiple teams so we regularly collaborate with other tech and non-tech teams to accomplish our goals.
You will join one of our well-established teams and work together with great engineers, each of them specialized in Android, iOS, Backend, or Quality Assurance, as well as a Product Manager and a UX designer. Together we aim to build amazing new features for our users and have fun in the process!
Our tech stack
We are building our native Android app using Kotlin (and a little bit of Java for some of our shared libraries). We follow the MVVM architecture and make use of various libraries such as Hilt, Retrofit, OkHttp, Compose, Coroutines.
- Define, design, and ship new features
- Write clean, maintainable code and test it
- Participate in code reviews and technical discussions
- Keep up to date with Android guidelines and best practices and share them with the team
- Constantly improve your skills and help others expand their knowledge
- Proficiency in Kotlin, with strong object-oriented design skills
- Strong experience developing native Android apps
- Experience with writing testable code that can be covered by UI and unit tests
- Good understanding of memory management, file I/O, network & socket programming, concurrency, and multithreading
- Experience with distributed version control systems like Git
- An Agile mindset and working knowledge of the Scrum framework
- Proactive and a can-do mentality
- Experience with Jetpack Compose
- Experience publishing apps to the Play Store
- Familiar with CI/CD
- Strong collaboration skills and experience with code reviews
- International, fun, and flexible work environment
- Employee stock options plan
- Company pension plan
- All the hardware you need for your job
- Working from home & travel allowances
- Every team member at BUX can have unlimited appointments per year with a psychologist or coach via OpenUp
- When applicable, BUX supports your relocation to Amsterdam
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Plantage
- A1 Dutch language course for you and your partner
- Flo and Shannon’s famous lunches
- Weekly drinks, fun company events
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas
Everyone is welcome
At BUX, we are committed to building a team with various backgrounds, skills and views. We celebrate our differences and foster an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome.
In other words: we don't hire based on a one-size-fits-all formula. We review every application carefully and look forward to getting to know you better. No matter who you are or what your background is.