Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our platforms, BUX Zero and Stryk, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (50 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London, Limassol and Belgrade.
As a Finance Assistant at BUX, you will play an integral part in the finance and accounting operations of our Dutch entity. As our Finance Assistant, you will collaborate with multiple functions across the entire organization, including legal, product, marketing, and more; to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial information. In short, you will play a crucial role in ensuring that the engines keep rolling for BUX.
Curious who you will be working with? Below this job description, you can find more information about your potential future team members.
- Managing and booking of all invoices and credit cards. Make sure all invoices are approved and booked at the right time.
- Managing different stakeholders, both internal and external (such as employees or suppliers)
- Participating in the month-end closing procedures for various entities (e.g. accruals)
- Any other ad hoc financial administration activities (such as preparing and processing payment batches, VAT returns, internal and external audit specifications).
What we are looking for
- You are skilled in Accounting & Administration, either through your education or work experience in a similar role
- You have an eye for detail in performing tasks but are also able to “zoom out” and oversee the bigger picture
- Ambition to further automate and improve key accounting processes
- You able to deal with deadlines
- You are a natural team player and a great communicator
Nice to have
- Experience in Exact online
- Dutch language skills (of any level)
- International, fun, and flexible work environment
- Employee stock options plan
- Company pension plan
- All the hardware you need for your job
- Working from home & travel allowances
- Every team member at BUX can have unlimited appointments per year with a psychologist or coach via OpenUp
- When applicable, BUX supports your relocation to Amsterdam
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Plantage
- A1 Dutch language course for you and your partner
- Flo and Shannon’s famous lunches
- Weekly drinks, fun company events
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas
Everyone is welcome
At BUX, we are committed to building a team with various backgrounds, skills and views. We celebrate our differences and foster an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome.
In other words: we don't hire based on a one-size-fits-all formula. We review every application carefully and look forward to getting to know you better. No matter who you are or what your background is.