Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our platforms, BUX Zero and Stryk, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading, and buying and selling crypto. We are growing rapidly and expanding our global team (50 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London, Limassol and Belgrade.
We have a new opportunity for an experienced VBA/SQL Developer to join our growing CFD team in London. In this role, you will report directly to the Executive Director UK and you will be the main point of contact for technical reporting and data matters within the CFD team.
You will be collaborating on the design and development of new back-office and reporting/data systems. This is a fantastic opportunity to join in a Senior stand-alone role, with a future plan to build and lead a small team that is providing continued development on all back-office processes, both long and short-term projects, that will interface with various business functions including trading, finance, and compliance.
As a secondary function, you will also be expected to look into designing new backend infrastructure and applications. To be successful, you need to have a proven track record of developing robust and reliable end-to-end solutions and excellent communication skills.
- Lead the design and development of back-office reporting processes and tools in VBA/SQL
- Lead the design and development of frameworks/solutions that support business processes
- Support existing processes such as regulatory reporting, daily PnL production, daily KPI generation
- Supply ad-hoc data requests to the business using SQL
- Learning and exploring new technologies with a focus on how they could be used to improve current processes
- Expert knowledge of VBA, with experience in delivering end-to-end projects
- Expert knowledge of SQL and database administration using SQL Server
- Experience designing, building, and deploying BI solutions
- Follow and implement best practice methods
- Highly autonomous with the ability to prioritize and manage work streams
- Ability to effectively communicate with business stakeholders to obtain requirements
- Strong problem-solving abilities
Nice to have
- Experience using version control
- Knowledge of C++/C#
- Knowledge of CFD trading or financial background
- Experience delivering technology solutions/applications in a financial environment
- International, fun & flexible work environment
- Hybrid working model (2 days/week office based)
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- Trendy Shoreditch office in the heart of London!
- Company pension plan
- Gym membership and Cycle to Work scheme
- Private medical care
- Generous Referral Scheme
- Social events and bi-weekly free lunches
- Every team member at BUX can have unlimited appointments per year with a psychologist via OpenUp
Everyone is welcome
At BUX, we are committed to building a team with various backgrounds, skills and views. We celebrate our differences and foster an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcome.
In other words: we don't hire based on a one-size-fits-all formula. We review every application carefully and look forward to getting to know you better. No matter who you are or what your background is.