Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X and BUX Crypto, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (48 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London and Cyprus.
As an experienced Python Developer, you will be collaborating on the design and development of a new back office system for our London business. This is a fantastic opportunity within a small team to be leading the development of a suite of applications from the ground up spanning both long and short-term projects that will interface with various business functions including trading, finance and compliance. You will also be involved in the development of a new database backend and BI reporting system as well as providing day to day support to various business lines. To be successful in this role you need to have a proven track record of developing robust and reliable end to end solutions and excellent communication skills.
- Design and development of back office reporting processes and tools in Python.
- Designing and developing frameworks/solutions that support business processes.
- Support existing processes (VBA and SQL).
- Supply ad-hoc data requests to the business
- Learning and exploring new technologies with a focus on how they could be used to improve current processes.
- Experience delivering technology solutions/applications, ideally in a financial environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Python, with experience in delivering end to end projects.
- Solid knowledge of SQL & database design principles.
- Working knowledge of Excel and VBA.
- Experience designing, building and deploying BI solutions.
- Follow and implement best practice methods.
- Highly autonomous with the ability to prioritise and manage work streams.
- Experience using version control.
- Ability to effectively communicate with business stakeholders to obtain requirements.
- Strong problem-solving abilities with an eye for detail.
- Knowledge of CFD trading or financial background is desirable but not essential.
- Knowledge of C++ is also desirable.
- International, fun & flexible work environment.
- Conference & training budget to boost your personal development.
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months.
- Trendy Shoreditch office in the heart of London!
- Competitive salary.
- Gym membership and Cycle to Work scheme.
- Private medical care and mental wellbeing support
- Generous Referral scheme.
- Social events and bi-weekly free lunches.
- A fantastic opportunity to work in an expanding and exciting FinTech company.
- Every team member at BUX can have unlimited appointments per year with a psychologist via OpenUp.