Make investing accessible to the millions, apply the latest technologies, and work hybrid alongside a bright team of peers!
Who we are
BUX is Europe's fastest-growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X, and BUX Crypto, are made for long-term investing, short-term trading, and buying and selling crypto. We are growing fast and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London, and Cyprus.
About the team
Engineering is at the heart of BUX, and we are proud of our engineering culture. "This is one of the smartest teams I have the chance to work in" is a quote we've heard more than once from our newcomers. You will join a new team to build a BUX Web App from scratch. The Web App will have its dedicated backend services and connect to our existing backend.
You will get to build reactive actor-based systems that are built to last, offering you an exciting systems design challenge. You will also help us move towards continuous deployment and zero downtime. But most importantly, you will get the chance to build exciting new product features for our millions of users. We welcome your ideas and encourage everyone to make investing accessible for everyone. In fact, many of the features in our app stem from developer ideas!
Why will you enjoy working at BUX as a Golang Software Engineer?
- Join as one of our core engineers to design, build and run a brand new Web App for millions of users!
- Our code is modern and made with a quality mindset - you'll spend minimal time on firefighting or struggling with legacy.
- You surround yourself with a team of intelligent peers with whom you will get to build exciting new features.
- You are part of a company where your ideas are valued and where continuous learning is encouraged.
- Flexibility is assured; our development teams decide how often they come to our (fabulous) office.
Go, GCP, Kubernetes, Kafka, CQRS, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Ansible
Requirements as a Golang Software Engineer
We are looking for you if you are passionate about what you do, eager to learn, and enjoy trying out different things in collaboration with your peers. Furthermore:
- Multiple years of Golang experience in production
- You know how to design systems for performance, scalability, and security and how to assess the pros and cons of different solutions
- Hands-on experience in building scalable microservices
- Hands-on experience with Kafka and event-sourcing, understanding messaging semantics like "exactly-once", etc.
- A DevOps mindset - you build it, you run it
- An understanding of modern Golang best practices
- Quality over quantity approach
Experience with cloud orchestration, event streaming, and reactive, actor-based systems
- International, fun, and flexible work environment
- Employee stock options plan
- Company pension plan
- All the hardware you need for your job
- Working from home & travel allowances
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- Every team member at BUX can have unlimited appointments per year with a psychologist or coach via OpenUp
- When applicable, BUX supports your relocation to Amsterdam
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A fabulous new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Plantage
- A1 Dutch language course for you and your partner
- Flo and Shannon's famous lunches
- Weekly drinks, fun company events
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your ideas
If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact us about this role.