Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X and BUX Crypto, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London and Cyprus.
As a PR Specialist you will be working with the PR team in collaboration with the wider Growth Team (PR, Performance Marketing and Brand & Communications), who are tasked with driving growth and brand awareness across Europe. Your job will be to tell the BUX story and relentlessly pursue the best ROI, with a focus on executing PR campaigns and developing media and influencer relationships.
Ideally, you have 2-3 years of experience with consumer, technology and/or lifestyle brands developing broadly integrated marketing strategies.
We’re looking for a passionate team player, with very strong creative, strategic thinking and organizational abilities. You have demonstrated experience building strong relationships with the media/influencers and are able to think fast on your feet. You’re a strong relationship builder and are an expert at managing competing needs for both internal and external stakeholders. You’re confident in proactively seeking out opportunities that keep BUX top-of-mind with media and consumers.
The ideal candidate has a personal interest and affinity for the world of investing. This role requires that you have a way with words, both written and verbal and you have a knack for sniffing out a good story.
This is just a starting point – if you feel you don’t meet the suggested experience and/or skills, we still encourage you to apply!
- Work collaboratively with the PR team, Growth Team and executive leadership team to help drive PR communications across consumer and B2B media outlets
- Stay agile and on top of the latest industry news (investing, fintech, markets etc.) and newsjack opportunities where we can
- Work cross functionally with the Community and Social Media Specialist on posting social media content
- Demonstrate strategic thinking and research capabilities to support the development of innovative campaigns
- Supporting creative development and executing local PR campaigns across our 7 active markets (the Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Austria, Ireland and Spain)
- Reporting on campaign success
- Craft and deliver targeted messages; write, edit and proofread a full range of materials, such as press releases, fact sheets, pitches, reports, briefing books,
- Media list development
- Assist in putting out PR fires before they start
- Providing timely feedback to management on progress against goals
- Organizing events both in-house and externally
What you have
- Between2-3 years of experience in public relations, journalism, communications or other related disciplines
- Post-graduate diploma in Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Journalism or other related disciplines
- Ability to work in a collaborative, creative, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, dynamic, team player, excellent time management and organizational skills and detail-oriented
- A collaborative work style with demonstrated successful interactions with both internal and external parties
- Hands-on, get it done attitude. Willing to roll-up sleeves and dig in when the situation arises
- Agency experience preferred but not required
- Fluent in spoken English with business-level proficiency in written English. Additional language skills are not required but nice to have (Spanish, French or Italian)
- International, fun, and flexible work environment
- Employee stock options plan
- Company pension plan
- All the hardware you need for your job
- Working from home & travel allowances
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- Every team member at BUX can have unlimited appointments per year with a psychologist or coach via OpenUp
- When applicable, BUX supports your relocation to Amsterdam
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Plantage
- A1 Dutch language course for you and your partner
- Flo and Shannon’s famous lunches
- Weekly drinks, fun company events
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas