Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X and BUX Crypto, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London and Cyprus.
About the team
Engineering is at the heart of our business and we have a really experienced tech team with several decades of accumulated development experience. This is one of the smartest teams you'll have the chance to work in. It will help you push yourself to the next level.
At BUX, the Nachos team is responsible for the onboarding of new users. They own a couple of backend services, the onboarding section of our mobile apps (both Android and iOS) and for a back-office web client that is used by our Customer Support team. Their mission is to make the onboarding process as smooth as possible for the users while allowing the BUX expansion to new countries.
The Nachos team at BUX is looking for a seasoned Mobile Tester who lives and breathes Quality, to be a key member of our team in this stage of increased growth, and to help us deliver and evolve our BUX mobile apps with the highest quality possible.
Why you will enjoy working at BUX
- You will be asked to bring your expertise in the QA and testing world to influence for the best quality practices, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across products
- You will be an integral part of a multidisciplinary Scrum team and be fully involved in all phases of our development and release cycle, understanding business requirements, creating solid test suites, manually verifying and validating features, as well as performing exploratory testing
- You will support your team's and other relevant stakeholders' decision-making process by creating reports, performing analysis on test results, and raising issues accordingly
- Lastly, you'll be working in a very interesting business domain. You will learn how the financial system works on the inside
- Significant experience with mobile software testing on both Android and iOS
- Strong competency in requirement analysis, prioritising tasks, identifying risks
- Demonstrable experience in creating test strategies and plans
- Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- High levels of proactivity, self-organisation, and self-motivation
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practices, such as TDD, BDD, CI, etc.
- Agile mindset and experience in working in Agile environments
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with one or more modern programming languages (e.g. Kotlin, Swift, Java, Objective-C, Ruby)
- Hands-on experience in debugging and extracting logs from Android and iOS devices
- Experience with security and load tests
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Plantage
- Flo’s famous lunches (once we are back in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Employee option plan
- Company pension plan
- Company laptop
- Travel allowance
- A1 Dutch language course for you and your partner
- Working from home allowance
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas