WHO WE ARE
BUX is Europe’s fastest-growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X and BUX Crypto, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London and Cyprus.
We are looking for a Data Protection Officer to join our Limassol based team. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1-2 years' previous experience in a similar role with knowledge of data protection law. You will be joining a company committed to maintaining the highest level of public trust, fairness, honesty, transparency and integrity. If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience, then we look forward to receiving your CV for this Limassol based Data Protection Officer role.
#Please note, for this role, we only accept applicants based in Cyprus
- Act as point of contact for the Data Protection Authorities
- Identify and evaluate the company’s data processing activities
- Provide advice and instructions on how to conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Monitor data management procedures and compliance within the company
- Participate in meetings with managers to ensure privacy by design at all levels.
- Maintain records of processing operations
- Ensure we address all queries from data subjects within legal timeframes (e.g. delete their information from our databases)
- Write and update detailed guides on data protection policies
- Arrange training on GDPR compliance for employees
- Follow up with changes in law and issue recommendations to ensure compliance
- Must be based in Cyprus
- Relevant academic studies in Data protection, Law or Information Security
- 1-2+ years’ experience in data protection
- Work experience in data protection in the financial industry is a plus
- Solid knowledge of GDPR and national data protection laws
- Knowledge of data processing operations in the fintech sector is preferable
- Familiarity with IT security systems
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- Competitive salary
- 13th-month salary
- 21 days annual leave
- All national holidays
- Paid yearly cost of 5 hours CPD
- Great team in a sunny space!
- Exciting company events and perks
- Be part of fast-growing European fintech