Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X and BUX Crypto, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London and Cyprus.
Why will you enjoy working at BUX?
At BUX we prefer to make our decisions based on insights derived from our data, and as such we invest a lot of time and effort in building a good data platform that can support our day-to-day decisions.
We are looking for a data engineer who is up for a challenge, and can help us in rebuilding our data platform in Google Cloud (GCP). Together with your data colleagues you make sure that data at BUX is easy to find, easy to use, and trustworthy. This means that all components in our data stack are deployed, and maintained with code, tested, monitored, and clearly documented. As a data engineer you are responsible for the health of our data platform, and data pipelines.
Your job does not stop here. As a data engineer you will also facilitate the deployment of new data products (e.g. machine learning models or data monitoring systems), and make sure that they are maintained, and can be used by other teams.
- Proactive, self-starting, can-do mentality, team-player;
- Experience with SQL, relational databases, and one or more programming languages (Python);
- Good understanding of data modeling techniques (e.g. data vault and Kimball), and best practises of data warehousing;
- Experience in delivering big data and machine learning solutions in a cloud environment (preferably GCP);
- Experience with building data pipelines in distributed environments with technologies such as Kafka and Spark;
- Experience with containerization and automation solutions in cloud environments (e.g. Docker/Kubernetes, Airflow, etc.).
Nice to have
- Working experience with dbt and Snowflake/BigQuery
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Platange.
- Flo’s famous lunches (once we are back in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Employee option plan
- Company pension plan
- Company laptop
- Travel allowance
- A1 dutch language course for you and your partner
- Working from home allowance
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas