Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X and BUX Crypto, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London and Cyprus.
About the team
We’re a small, very experienced team of developers with a diverse background. You’ll join a unit that’s open, supportive and values human connection while building good software. We inspire each other to join discussions, we like practical solutions and take our work seriously.
You can expect us to challenge you and ourselves, while keeping work creative and interesting.
What we offer
- Well equipped office in a good positioned part of Amsterdam;
- The ability to grow within BUX as a whole;
- Flexible, fun and supportive environment;
- Very diverse set of modern/cutting edge technologies to work with;
- Flexible working hours and location for your optimal performance, in consultation with the team;
Next to this, as BUX Crypto we are working closely with other BUX teams since we got acquired by BUX. It’s important to highlight that the integration of teams and technology will continue. We’d appreciate it if you take a look at the BUX Culture book and the apps BUX Zero and BUX X. As we continue to grow together, we will merge more of our technologies.
What you’ll do
- Design, implement and maintain (micro)services within our trading domain that connects external exchanges, balances and transaction monitoring;
- Participate in architectural investigation, discussion and validation;
- Assist Customer Support and Operations with regards to the trading domain where needed;
- Make sure our services are scalable, secure and well tested;
- Work autonomously and apply agile principles in daily work;
- 3+ years of experience as a Scala engineer;
- Interest and expertise with cryptocurrency and finance;
- Proven experience with microservices and event-driven architecture;
- Experience with DevOps tools and principles like postmortems, CI/CD, observability;
- Experience with being a code owner of several services;
- Understand and apply core functional and OOP programming principles and best practices.
- Experience building reactive applications with Scala and Akka.
- The desire to hold yourself and your colleagues to high standards;
- Effective and empathetic communication skills;
- Ability to stay calm and supportive when facing production problems;
- Confidence in opening discussions, setting up your own environment and maintaining software that runs in production.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform;
- Experience with Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes;
- Familiarity with monitoring concepts around Prometheus and Grafana;
- Familiarity with pure functional libraries such as ZIO or Cats;
- Experience with Event Sourcing;
- Knowledge of how blockchains work, ideally Ethereum and Bitcoin.
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Platange.
- Weekly drinks, fun company events
- Flo’s famous lunches (once we are back in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Employee option plan
- Company pension plan
- Company laptop
- Travel allowance
- A1 Dutch language course for you and your partner
- Working from home allowance
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas