Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X and BUX Crypto, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London and Cyprus.
About the team
BUX Crypto aims to be the most reliable and user friendly crypto exchange service in Europe. As part of BUX, the largest neobroker in Europe, we want to help everyone do more with their money.
To achieve this we need an experienced, ambitious and open minded backend developer that’s interested in performant real time systems to help us reach our goals.
We’re a small, very experienced team of developers with a diverse background. You’ll join a unit that’s open, supportive and values human connection while building good software. We inspire each other to join discussions, we like practical solutions and take our work seriously.
You can expect us to challenge you and ourselves, while keeping work creative and interesting.
Why will you enjoy working at BUX?
- Well equipped office in a good positioned part of Amsterdam;
- The ability to grow within BUX as a whole;
- Flexible, fun and supportive environment;
- Very diverse set of modern/cutting edge technologies to work with;
- Flexible working hours and location for your optimal performance, in consultation with the team;
Next to this, as BUX Crypto we are working closely with other BUX teams since we got acquired by BUX. It’s important to highlight that the integration of teams and technology will continue. We’d appreciate it if you take a look at the BUX Culture book and the apps BUX Zero and BUX X. As we continue to grow together, we will merge more of our technologies.
We are looking for someone who wants to
- Create, maintain and improve APIs and (micro)services that Customer Support and Operations team members use to support our users, working together with our DevOps and software engineers;
- Implement and support tools (e.g Octopus Deploy, Rundeck, etc) used by Customer Support and Operations, working actively with other engineers and the DevOps team to do so;
- Assist in proactively improving our security and reliability, especially in the areas of Customer Support and Operations;
- Assist Customer Support and Operations as a technical point of contact;
- Create and maintain operational processes that allow us to work efficiently, together with product and project management.
- Work on integrating BUX Crypto onboarding systems with other BUX products;
- 3+ years of experience in the software industry;
- Interest in cryptocurrency and finance;
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with Python or other backend languages;
- Experience with tools used in DevOps work like Rundeck, Octopus Deploy, CI/CD, Slack API et cetera;
- Experience with building and designing API’s;
- Experience in working in or with Operations and Customer Support teams;
- Experience (or strong familiarity) with Docker, Kafka, microservices and Kubernetes;
- The desire to hold yourself and your colleagues to high standards;
- Effective and empathetic communication skills;
- Ability to stay calm and supportive when facing production problems;
- Confidence in opening discussions, setting up your own environment and maintaining software that runs in production.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform;
- Familiarity with monitoring concepts around Prometheus and Grafana;
- Experience with Golang and/or JVM based languages.
- Knowledge of how blockchains work, ideally Ethereum and Bitcoin
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Platange.
- Weekly drinks, fun company events
- Flo’s famous lunches (once we are back in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Employee option plan
- Company laptop
- Travel allowance
- A1 dutch language course for you and your partner
- Working from home allowance
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas