Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X and BUX Crypto, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London and Cyprus.
What you'll do
Engineering is at the heart of our business and we have a seasoned team with several decades of accumulated development experience. Our team consists of backend, mobile, web and test engineers. As our Senior Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for driving the performance and growth of this development team together with your Team Leads. Our engineers are currently organized into scrum teams, each of which is led by a Team Lead. These leads will report to you.
We are looking for an experienced engineering manager who has a proven track record in building high-performing teams that excel in rapid and high-quality product development. We expect you to have a strong servant-leadership management style geared towards supporting, mentoring and growing engineers on the team. You will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer and your responsibilities include:
- Steer the structure, effectiveness, and efficiency of our development teams together with the Team Leads;
- Maintain a staffing plan, hire new software and test engineers, and manage their careers at BUX (talent reviews, mentorship, professional development, etc.);
- Shape and monitor how BUX implements Agile principles, promoting best practices;
- Collaborate with the Head of DevOps, Chief Architect, and Chief Technology Officer to establish and improve engineering processes to keep up with the company’s growth as well as latest industry standards;
- Partner with peers leading the product domain (Chief Product Officer, Head of Design and Head of Business Intelligence) to ensure successful delivery of our roadmap;
- Collaborate with our People Team to ensure that BUX continues to be an attractive destination for the best engineers (employer branding, developer happiness, etc.);
- Previous experience in an engineering manger role
- Experience as a software developer prior to becoming an engineering manager is a must
- Extensive experience with growing engineering teams (establishing scalable processes, hiring, salary negotiations, talent reviews, etc.), ideally at a startup/scaleup
- Experience with owning, driving, promoting and protecting the implementation of Agile principles inside the engineering domain
- Proactive, self-starting, can-do mentality
- Excellent people skills. People management is at the heart of this role.
- Leadership style that emphasizes bottom-up management - soliciting feedback, building trust, and empowering teams to operate independently
- Great communication and reasoning skills that enable you to make a strong case for your decisions as a leader
- Experience networking and developing meaning relationships across the organization (beyond the engineering team)
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Platange.
- Flo’s famous lunches (once we are back in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Employee option plan
- Company pension plan
- Company laptop
- Travel allowance
- A1 dutch language course for you and your partner
- Working from home allowance
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas