WHO WE ARE
BUX makes it easy and affordable for Europeans to do more with their money. Since launching in 2014, BUX has made the markets accessible for more than 3 million users across 9 countries in Europe. BUX currently offers 3 apps that allow users to explore the financial markets including BUX Zero, the flagship platform that is making commission-free investing possible, allowing users to invest in the brands and companies they care about. BUX Zero is currently available in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, France and Belgium. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company is backed by Holtzbrinck Ventures, Velocity Capital, Orange Growth Capital and Initial Capital
FROM STARTUP TO SCALEUP
BUX is on a mission to become Europe’s number one mobile broker. We believe that everyone should be able to start investing at a young age in order to secure a better financial future.
Since the launch of BUX Zero in 2019 BUX’s growth has accelerated. We are a team of 140 people (over 30 nationalities!), based in Amsterdam (HQ), London and Cyprus and we are looking at tripling our team over the next two years. Therefore, we are looking for an experienced Head of People who can help us scale up the people’s function and at the same time support us in nurturing our culture and values.
YOUR MISSION - HEAD OF PEOPLE AND CULTURE
Moving from start-up to scale-up can be one of the most challenging times of a company's growth story. Keeping the employee experience front-of-mind to ensure employees know that they are supported, monitoring engagement to pre-empt issues and providing the tools and training to manage performance can make the crucial difference to the final product. As Head of People & Culture, you will take on the responsibility to be a leader in these crucial areas, and to not only help hire A+, but to help our team achieve their full potential and deliver our vision of being a "performance-driven organization".
- Lead the People & Culture function in all of our locations, and implement a holistic strategy to drive the employee experience whilst increasing performance and engagement
- Build out the recruitment function to ensure that recruiting KPIs are being met all whilst providing an exceptional candidate experience
- Measure and understand key drivers of engagement at BUX, whilst devising creative initiatives to continuously develop a positive workplace culture
- Provide leadership and coaching to executives, managers and the wider team, across the full range of People-related topics, including goal definition and alignment, and practices whilst being a role-model for management best-practice
- Contribute to BUX’s cultural fabric through the creation of an engaging and exciting social calendar and community
- Leverage your knowledge and experience and create in-house training sessions and information resources
- Ensure that BUX’s compensation and benefits framework is competitive, fair and effective in rewarding staff for their hard work
- Build out the People Operations service offering to ensure that our employees have efficient access to People-related information, processes, policies and tools
- Play an active role as an advocate and leader in diversity and inclusion initiatives and community involvement
- Ensure BUX’s compliance with local, State and Federal employment laws and regulations.
- Ideally you are/ were member of the management team of a company that went from startup to scale up, while you were responsible for scaling the People’s domain
- You are energetic and an outstanding communicator showing maturity and presence
- You understand the key drivers of recruitment, performance, culture and engagement, and the interplay of these drivers
- You have experience designing strategies and implementing tools and training that enable performance and engagement
- You are familiar with labour law and how to research. Ideally you have a network in the Netherlands which can support you in dealing with certain topics
- You possess outstanding analytical and organisation skills. You look at data and can use it to roll out initiatives to improve BUX and People & Culture processes.
- Your mentality is hands-on and entrepreneurial; you know how to roll up your sleeves to deliver alongside your team
- Ideally, you have experience in growing a team from 150 to 300 and more in a relatively short time frame.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Opportunity to make an active contribution to the growth story of one of the leading disruptors in the Fintech industry. Your endeavours will support many Europeans in building a better financial future
- Diverse and inclusive office with a team heralding from over 35 countries around the world
- We actively empower staff to not only take ownership, but to be owners with our equity program
- We build our business by building our people with weekly team teach-ins and a dedicated fund for you to attend professional development training
- Maintain peak energy with free awesome lunches and healthy snacks delivered daily to the office
- Work in style and comfort from our awesome Amsterdam office, right near the Artis Zoo (As of May, BUX will rent the entire ‘Freedomlab Campus’ at the Plantage Middenlaan)
- Choose your own IT hardware so that you can be equipped for success
- You will be member of the management team and report directly into the CEO
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam
- Bi-weekly hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events
- Flo’s famous lunches
- Competitive salary
- Employee option plan
- Company pension plan