Make investing accessible to the millions, apply the latest technologies, and work flexibly alongside a bright team of peers!
Who we are
BUX is Europe's fastest-growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X, and BUX Crypto, are made for long-term investing, short-term trading, and buying and selling crypto. We are growing fast and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London, and Cyprus.
About the team
Engineering is at the heart of BUX, and we are proud of our engineering culture. "This is one of the smartest teams I have the chance to work in" is a quote we've heard more than once from our newcomers. As a part of this team, you will get your hands on reactive actor-based systems, which you will help to optimize further. You will also help us move towards continuous deployment and zero downtime. But most importantly, you will get the chance to build exciting new features for our millions of users. We welcome your ideas and encourage everyone in the company to make investing accessible for everyone. In fact, many of the features in our app stem from developer ideas! As a Team Lead, you will be hands-on coding, for sure. But you will also play a vital role in coaching, mentoring, building your team, preserving our engineering culture. And make sure that your team members can rely on you as a great manager to help them advance their careers.
Why will you enjoy working at BUX?
- You will play a crucial part in the continued evolution of our stockbroking platform by helping define its architecture and owning one of its core components.
- You get to design, build and run a system designed for scalability and 24/7 availability. We went from 1000 to millions of users with barely any hiccups. (Learn how we did it)
- Our code is modern and built with a quality mindset - you'll spend minimal time on firefighting or struggling with legacy.
- You surround yourself with a team of intelligent peers with whom you will get to build exciting new features.
- You are part of a company where your ideas are valued and where continuous learning is encouraged.
- Flexibility is assured; our development teams decide how often they come to our office.
- Previous experience managing an international engineering team
- The ability to effectively listen to, communicate with, challenge, and influence team members, peers, and senior managers
- The ability to contribute directly to projects through hands-on development and effective delegation. And to foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment.
- Proficiency in Java, with strong object-oriented design skills
- An Agile mindset and working knowledge of the Scrum framework
- Experience with DevOps tools and procedures
Nice to have
- Experience with building scalable (clustered) systems
- Experience with Kubernetes, Kafka, Spring, CQRS, Terraform and Ansible
- Knowledge of reactive, actor-based systems
Java, Spring, Springboot, GCP, Kubernetes, Kafka, RabbitMQ, CQRS, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Ansible, GitHub.
- International, fun, and flexible work environment
- Employee stock options plan
- Company pension plan
- All the hardware you need for your job
- Working from home & travel allowances
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- Every team member at BUX can have unlimited appointments per year with a psychologist or coach via OpenUp
- When applicable, BUX supports your relocation to Amsterdam
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Plantage
- A1 Dutch language course for you and your partner
- Flo and Shannon’s famous lunches
- Weekly drinks, fun company events
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas
If you are a recruitment agency, please do not contact us about this role.