Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X and BUX Crypto, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London and Cyprus.
About the team
Engineering is at the heart of our business and we have a really experienced tech team with several decades of accumulated development experience. This is one of the smartest teams you'll have the chance to work in. It will help you push yourself to the next level.
Why will you enjoy working at BUX?
- We built our own stock broker. You will play a key part in its continued evolution, bringing your own vision, helping define its architecture, owning one of its core components, and helping grow the team
- You'll design, build, and maintain systems that are meant to scale. We went from 1000 to more than 3 million users with barely any hiccups
- We have trading apps that are accessible 24/7. We have very small maintenance window, so from a DevOps perspective you'll have the opportunity to think, plan, and execute the best ways to deploy our services
- Lastly, the business domain is interesting. You will learn how the financial system works on the inside
- Proactive, self-starting, can-do mentality
- Technical excellence, and pride in building and writing well-crafted, well-engineered software — this is a hands-on role
- Experience with designing and building scalable (clustered) systems, and strong architecture and object-oriented design skills
- Great communication, reasoning, and influencing skills, and the ability to make a strong case for your technology and design choices
- Experience with DevOps tools and procedures, especially Kubernetes
- Expert-level command of Java
- Experience with event streaming platforms like Kafka
- An Agile and Lean mindset, along with solid understanding of related frameworks and methods like Scrum or Kanban
Nice to have
- Experience with other frameworks or tools used at BUX like Spring, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, or RabbitMQ
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform or Ansible
- Knowledge of reactive, actor-based systems
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in the Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Platange.
- Bi-weekly hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events
- Flo’s famous lunches (once we are back in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Employee option plan
- Company pension plan
- Company Laptop
- Travel allowance
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas