WHO WE ARE
BUX makes it easy and affordable for Europeans to do more with their money. Since launching in 2014, BUX has made the markets accessible for more than 3 million users across 9 countries in Europe. BUX currently offers 3 apps that allow users to explore the financial markets including BUX Zero, the flagship platform that is making commission-free trading possible, allowing users to invest in the brands and companies they care about. BUX Zero is currently available in the Netherlands, Germany and Austria. BUX X, launched in 2014, oﬀers short-term, leveraged trading, all powered by a vibrant in-app community. BUX Crypto, launched in 2020, now offers an easy and affordable way to invest in Bitcoin and other digital currencies.
The Compliance Officer will be part of the Compliance Team that supports the business of BUX. You will report to the Head of Compliance. The Compliance Team provides guidance and advice on the full range of Compliance topics and monitors the business’ adherence to the regulatory and policy requirements. The position available in the team reviews the KYC / client acceptance files prepared by the Customer Support Team and provides written and verbal advice to the business regarding the risks and acceptability of the clients. In addition, you will contribute to various activities and projects aimed at improving the maturity of compliance risk management by the business in the subsequent topics.
- You will review KYC / client acceptance files prepared by the Customer Support Team to assess compliance / client integrity risks, including money-laundering, sanctions, bribery & corruption and tax evasion;
- You will provide training and support to the business to continuously enhance awareness and understanding of AML, MiFID and client integrity related risks and regulations;
- You will assist in the effective review and implementation of new compliance policies and procedures;
- You will participate in projects and initiatives;
- You will assist to monitor employee personal trading, transaction reporting & monitoring;
- You will assist with the execution of the Compliance Risk framework.
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You enjoy working as part of a team and are good at working with others. You have a high level of self-knowledge and want to keep on developing and improving. You are change-orientated and like working in a sector that is constantly evolving. Finally, you have keen analytical skills enabling you to get to the heart of a problem quickly and draw the appropriate conclusions. You are able to put things into perspective.
- You have at minimum of 5 years work experience, of which 3 years in a 2nd line Compliance function in the field of Client Integrity, AML and Sanctions in the financial services sector;
- You have the ability to identify and clearly explain regulatory compliance risks;
- You have a Master’s degree in Law;
- You have strong knowledge of rules and regulations and policies on MiFID, GDPR, AML and Sanctions, including the Wwft and the Sanctiewet;
- You have direct experience with review of KYC/CDD files with an international dimension;
- You are Knowledgeable with systems used to monitor employee personal trading;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English;
- You have an understanding of financial institutions and associated product sets such as trade finance, corporate finance, global markets and investment products;
- You are aware of and interested in the complex and international business environment in which our clients operate;
- You are a team player and contribute actively to the development of other team members;
- You have thorough understandings of the regulatory environment, ensuring clients are compliant as applicable. This includes, but not limited to MiFID II compliance.
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in the heart of Amsterdam
- Bi-weekly hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events
- Flo’s famous lunches
- Competitive salary
- Employee option plan
- Company pension plan