Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X and BUX Crypto, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London and Cyprus.
The Compliance Officer will be part of the Compliance Team that supports the business of BUX. You will report to the Head of Compliance. The Compliance Team provides guidance and advice on the full range of Compliance topics and monitors the business’ adherence to the regulatory and policy requirements. The position available in the team reviews the KYC / client acceptance files prepared by the Customer Support Team and provides written and verbal advice to the business regarding the risks and acceptability of the clients. In addition, you will contribute to various activities and projects aimed at improving the maturity of compliance risk management by the business in the subsequent topics.
- You will review KYC / client acceptance files prepared by the Customer Support Team to assess compliance / client integrity risks, including money-laundering, sanctions, bribery & corruption and tax evasion;
- You will provide training and support to the business to continuously enhance awareness and understanding of AML, MiFID and client integrity related risks and regulations;
- You will assist in the effective review and implementation of new compliance policies and procedures;
- You will participate in projects and initiatives;
- You will assist to monitor employee personal trading, transaction reporting & monitoring;
- You will assist with the execution of the Compliance Risk framework.
You have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You enjoy working as part of a team and are good at working with others. You have a high level of self-knowledge and want to keep on developing and improving. You are change-orientated and like working in a sector that is constantly evolving. Finally, you have keen analytical skills enabling you to get to the heart of a problem quickly and draw the appropriate conclusions. You are able to put things into perspective.
- You have at minimum of 5 years work experience, of which 3 years in a 2nd line Compliance function in the field of Client Integrity, AML and Sanctions in the financial services sector;
- You have the ability to identify and clearly explain regulatory compliance risks;
- You have a Master’s degree in Law;
- You have strong knowledge of rules and regulations and policies on MiFID, GDPR, AML and Sanctions, including the Wwft and the Sanctiewet;
- You have direct experience with review of KYC/CDD files with an international dimension;
- You are Knowledgeable with systems used to monitor employee personal trading;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English;
- You have an understanding of financial institutions and associated product sets such as trade finance, corporate finance, global markets and investment products;
- You are aware of and interested in the complex and international business environment in which our clients operate;
- You are a team player and contribute actively to the development of other team members;
- You have thorough understandings of the regulatory environment, ensuring clients are compliant as applicable. This includes, but not limited to MiFID II compliance.
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Platange.
- Bi-weekly hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events
- Flo’s famous lunches (once we are back in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Employee option plan
- Company pension plan
- Company laptop
- Travel allowance
- A1 Dutch language course for you and your partner
- Working from home allowance
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas