Who we are
BUX is Europe’s fastest growing neobroker with an ambition to become the number one destination for everyone who wants to do more with their money. Our mission is to build groundbreaking products that shape the future of how we invest. Our three platforms, BUX Zero, BUX X and BUX Crypto, are built for long-term investing, short-term trading and for buying and selling crypto. We are growing at a rapid pace and expanding our global team (38 nationalities and counting) with offices in Amsterdam, London and Cyprus.
Why will you enjoy working at BUX?
BUX runs on modern infrastructure that is meant to scale. Over the years we’ve gone from 1000 to more than 2 million users with barely any hiccups. We value the fact that these users trust us with their assets, and we continue to improve our craft to earn that trust.
As a DevSecOps engineer at BUX, you’ll have the opportunity to work with high autonomy, make an impact, and touch many parts of the system. Within the new DevSecOps team, there’s emphasis on execution, experimentation and constant improvement.
Lastly, the fintech domain is interesting. You will learn how the financial system works on the inside, and more importantly how to secure it.
- Work experience as a DevSecOps/Security engineer or similar role
- Experience participating in a SOC or experience with similar responsibilities
- Experience with multiple programming and/or scripting languages like Python or shell script
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience operating JVM-based applications
- Solid experience with Kubernetes, secret storage solutions like Vault and cloud networking
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with CI/CD, particularly ‘shift left’ tools and tactics (e.g. SAST/DAST)
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Strong communication and people skills
- Experience with threat modeling (e.g. STRIDE), defense in depth, reviewing complex architectures and similar practices, all in an agile context
- Experience with applications of (a)symmetric cryptography like envelope encryption, secret sharing and tools like gpg or KMS
Nice to have
- Experience with Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MySQL, RabbitMQ
- Experience with offensive security tools
- Experience with Open Policy Agent or other policy systems
- Experience with endpoint security
- Experience participating in managing a bug bounty program
- Experience with SIEM software
- Experience with GitOps
- Professional Cloud Security Engineer certification or similar
- Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer certification or similar
- Conference & training budget to boost your professional development
- The possibility to work from abroad for 1 month every 12 months
- A cool new office in Amsterdam's lush cultural garden, De Platange.
- Bi-weekly hackathons, weekly drinks, fun company events
- Flo’s famous lunches (once we are back in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Employee option plan
- Company pension plan
- Company laptop
- Travel allowance
- A1 dutch language course for you and your partner
- Working from home allowance
- Ownership and responsibility: you will be empowered to make a difference and introduce your own ideas